RL&A Architectes, architect
Philippe Tinchant, économist
IGC, Flow Engineering
Durand, Structure Engineering
Notre-Dame de Nazareth church - Orange (84)
The old Orange Cathedral was consecrated in 1208. After being sacked by the Huguenots in 1561, it was restored in the early 17th century. It is entirely covered with painted decorations, some of which has already been restored. As part of the organ replacement, a new restoration campaign has been scheduled.
Indispensable to the interior restoration, interventions took place on the roofs and the facades.
Lighting of the interiors of the building and consolidation of the gallery were carried out, as well as the restoration of the woodwork and doors.
The interior works concerned the restoration of the painted decorations of the 14th, 17th and 19th century. The release and restoration of these decorations is therefore a continuation of previous restoration campaigns of the cathedral, and enhances the overall coherence of the ornamentation of the church.
/ Listed as a National Landmark